Sunday, November 8, 2009

37 weeks

Another week down and only a few more to go! Next week is my last week of work and I am very excited about that. My mother-in-law Jane threw me a baby shower on Saturday and it was a very nice time to spend with our families and friends. Xander received a lot of homemade gifts that were made with love. My mom crocheted Alexander a beautiful blanket and put a blue ribbon through it. Andrew's grandmother knitted a small stroller blanket that is white and blue and also gave us a beautiful hand knitted pair of booties, sweater and hat that Jane's Aunt Julie knitted before she passed. They only discovered this outfit after the death of Jane's Uncle Bill while cleaning out the house, and I feel so loved to have it given to us for Xander. My best friend Lauren cross stitched three bibs for Xander. I almost forgot to mention that Jane bought us a cradle for little Xander to use for the first few months he is home. I have to take pictures of everything and will post them shortly.

How far along? 37 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: plus 25 pounds
Maternity clothes?
yes
Stretch marks?
yes but no new ones!
Sleep:
I think I will be adding naps back into my daily routine until Xander decides to arrive.
Best moment this week: We hung the curtains in the nursery this weekend, the letters for Alexander's name have the first coat of paint on them and we are almost finished with the nursery!
Movement: yes more hits than kicks these days.
Food cravings:
I love eating
Food aversions: none

Gender: Boy
Labor Signs:
more contractions and hoping to find out on Friday that I am making progress.
Belly Button in or
out? still in for the most part
What I miss:
being able to walk or do daily activities without worrying about falling or losing my balance.
What I am looking forward to: My last day of work is on Friday! And I will only be working 30 hours next week compared to my normal 45 hours.
Weekly Wisdom: Ask for pain meds during labor when you can't take the pain any longer, if not you may slow down the progress of the labor and delivery.
Milestones: Getting closer to my due date!

Here are the bibs that Lauren cross stitched for Xander:




Here is the hat, sweater and booties Great Aunt Julie knitted:


Here is the blanket my mom made for Xander:


Here is the stroller blanket Andrew's grandmother made for Xander:


Here is the cradle Andrew's parents bought us for Xander:




No comments:

Post a Comment